* Set neck ( long neck tenon) "ESP EXP" Explorer body shape. Alder body with flame maple top (billet LS-172). No body binding!
* "AAA" 3-piece maple neck – figure to be as nicely matched as possible.
* 24 3/4 inch scale. 22 Sintoms “6100” frets. ESP's "thin U" neck shape. 1 11/16 inch nut width.
* 12 inch fingerboard radius. Graph-tech nut. Ebony truss rod cover
* EB's Power Slinkys (11-48) tuned to D. Setup for a low action without any buzzing from the frets.
* Ebony fingerboard to be as dark black as possible and fairly tight grained. NO binding on fretboard!
* No fretboard markers (except 11-12-13 inlay, as noted below). White plastic side dots.
* "Biohazard" M-O-P inlay centered on the 12th fret, about 2" in diameter (big enough to just fit on the fingerboard).
“KL-style” headstock, tilted to whatever degree regular KL's are, with flame maple cap (wood from LS-172) on the "V"-shaped part and "JHD"-logo in M-O-P where the "KL" logo would be.
* Mother of pearl Shamray Custom Shop logo on the back of the headstock.
* Transparent blackburst (exact shade to be decided) on the top of the body, on the "V" part of the headstock cap and on the back of the neck and headstock. The rest of the guitar should be finished in opaque black.
* Sperzel 3+3 (black) machines, Gotoh T-O-M set ( black), black straplocks.
* All black hardware (including pickup bezels, toggle switch, strap locks, screws, etc...).
* EMG 60 Neck / EMG 81 Bridge.
* 3 Black "speed" knobs, individual volume controls for each pickup, tone control for the neck pickup.
* Switchcraft (USA) Toggle switch in the ESP Explorer position, NOT on the lower horn as on a Gibson Explorer.
* Output jack mounted on the side of the guitar.
* Battery for the EMG's mounted in the control cavity.
* Case: Custom-made lightweight flight case. (Black interior and exterior)